To achieve this policy the key points are:
- To minimise waste by evaluating our activities and working procedures, ensuring they are as efficient and safe as possible.
- Actively try to reduce consumption of all products and materials by re-using materials whenever possible in order to reduce waste and save money.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and our suppliers whenever possible.
- Try to purchase products that are environmentally friendly. Whenever possible making purchases from suppliers with an environmental policy to minimise our negative impact on the environment.
- Consider the life-cycle of materials and goods purchased to minimise waste.
- Whenever possible buy locally in order to reduce road miles and therefore CO2 emissions that contribute to global climate change.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to Kent Enterprise Trust.
- Reduce both parking and CO2 emissions by encouraging both staff and visitors to use “greener” travel by proving information. For example the easiest and safest ways to walk and bike here, also train and bus routes and time tables.
- Implement an information program for all staff so that everyone within KET understands the reasons behind the policy and how to implement it across all operations in order to improve the company’s environmental performance. This will be done by including the outlines above in an induction, training and facilities management as part of the implementing of this policy.